Pages

December 10, 2012

iwsg #6 december


Hey everyone and welcome to my sixth IWSG post! The IWSG is the brainchild of Alex J. Cavanaugh (I've been waiting for an awesome opportunity to throw "brainchild" into a sentence, lol) where writers can express their highs and lows throughout the process of writing. If you'd like to join, visit Alex's blog at the link above. You'll be so thankful when you do. :)

I missed last month when I got sucked into NaNoWriMo, and then I almost missed this month because I've just returned to Earth after falling off of it. I didn't make it to the end of NaNoWriMo--I didn't even meet the halfway mark, but after some time grieving over my loss, I'm okay with it. I have more of a draft to work with than I did on October 31st. My husband even bought me a super cute purple monster flash drive to cheer me up cause he's just that awesome. :)

It was cool to take a break from writing my memoir and work on some fiction. My novel is tentatively titled Violet and takes place where zombies and humans coexist side by side. There are rogue zombies who don't want any part of "normal" society and trying to fit in with humans. I have been seriously giving thought to having the story take place in the 60's with riots concerning zombies being drafted into the Vietnam War instead of human beings. I haven't quite worked out all of my plans yet. At this point, anything can happen!

Did you participate in NaNoWriMo this year? Have you in the past? How did your month turn out for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!