Pages

July 13, 2012

the liebster blog award


I was given The Liebster Blog Award by Ali at Ginger-read Reviews. Thank you, Ali!! Very rad!

What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who are up and coming and have less than 200 followers.
The Rules
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has assigned you and develop 11 questions for the people who are tagged.
3. Tag 11 more Bloggers.
4. Tell them you've tagged them.
5. No tag backs!

11 facts about me! :D
1. I'm a quarter Native American and am so proud of my heritage!
2. My husband and I have been together for 11 years! This one fits in nicely with all of the 11s! :D
3. I very nearly was kicked out of college--I was on academic probation--but ended up earning straight A's for the two and a half years it took me to finish up school, earning my B.A. in Psychology.
4. I'm probably never gonna "grow up." I'll be forty still shopping at Hot Topic, still loving Hello Kitty, still reading YA books (YA all the way!!), and still playing video games.
5. I'm in the process of getting sleeves done (tattoos, lol).
6. Besides reading, my favorite activity is sleeping. Among my fam & friends, I hold the title "sleepingest girl in the world" (given to me by my awesome friend Morgan!).
7. In elementary school, I won several "Writing in Excellence" awards, and my mom framed every one of them, lol.
8. I named my daughter after my mom. My son was named by my husband and has the same name as my mother's brother--her brother was a twin and the twins passed away only a couple of days after they were born. The other sibling was a girl.   
9. I am part owner of the most rad horror movie collection ever!
10. I've kept journals since I was nine and still have all of them.
11. I love to laugh--the more, the better. :D

My answers to my 11 questions:
1. If there was one book you couldn't live without, what would it be?
This is a really difficult question because there are so many books I absolutely adore and wouldn't want to live without. Right now, my answer would be Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I couldn't get that book off my mind for a long time, which is a really good thing. :) Man I love that book!!


2. Why did you start blogging?
I want to become a writer, and my husband suggested I start a blog to get myself started. I love blogging and feel like I'm being more proactive with my goal to become an author. :) I want to write about anything and everything for my blog--my thoughts, stuff going on in my life, book reviews...I'd like to do some video game reviews and music reviews also. And of course, I want to blog about my journey in becoming a writer as well as my experiences raising two children. :)

 
3. How did you come up with your blog name?
Donnie Darko is my favorite movie of all time, and one of my favorite characters, too! I'm a girl fan with a crush on the character and voila! donniedarkogirl :D

4. What's your favorite word?
Tweet. It's cheerful and funny.

5. The Apocalypse is here, the world is overrun with Zombies, Vampires, Weres or some other freakish thing that wants to chow down on humanity. But before the human race is completely eradicated, you're getting the hell out of dodge and have the power to save two literary legends - don't ask me why you can only save bookish people I don't make the rules!
Who do you save? 
Ray Bradbury (rest in peace) & Stephen King

6. What "paranormal" being would you choose to be and why?
I would be a zombie, like the girl from White Trash Zombie.

7. How many books are in your to-read pile?
An embarrassing amount. Like over 1,000. :O

8. Do you usually read indie or mainstream authors?
Before I discovered goodreads from a friend of mine, I used to read mainstream authors all the time. Now that I've been a member of goodreads since August 2011, I've discovered all kinds of indie authors I might never have been introduced to were it not for that totally awesome website. From there, I began following book reviewers' blogs, and it's gone from there. I owe goodreads a lot! :) So many cool things have happened to me through there.

9. How do you choose whether or not to read a book?
I read what it's about and see what genre it is. Sometimes I check out reviews, but I'm usually afraid to read any because I don't want anything in the book to be given away.


10. If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why?
I would be Katniss. She's strong, brave, independent, and just all around kick ass!


11. If you could teleport yourself into any fictional world, where would you go and why?
I'd go to the world of Where the Wild Things Are. I love that book, and once you find out the monsters are friendly, they seem like they'd be tons of fun to hang out with!

My nominations:
mariska's books & reviews
Candilynn Fite ~ My Writerly Musings
TopicBitch
Book Review Diva's Blog
Scribbles from Jenn
Lexa Cain
Kissed/Bitten by books
Dawn of the Books

My 11 questions for my nominees:
1. How old were you when you started to love books?
2. What's your favorite genre?
3. Are you a member of goodreads? If so, when did you become one?
4. Do you own an ereader? Why or why not?
5. Have you read the Hunger Games trilogy? If so, did you enjoy it? Why/why not? Seen the movie or plan on seeing it?
6. For movies based on books, do you prefer to read the book first or see the movie?
7. Which classic novel have you not read yet but have wanted to for a long time?
8. If you're a member of goodreads, what's your favorite thing to do there?
9. When you read a series of books, do you like to read them back to back or take breaks with other books inbetween?
10. This question is one I answered from above. If you could be a character from any book, who would you be and why?
11. This question is also from above. Do you usually read indie or mainstream authors?

Whew, what a mental work out, lol! :D I really enjoyed listing facts about myself, answering the questions, and coming up with questions for people to answer. It was a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to my tagged bloggers' answers--this is a great way for all of us to get to know each other better. :) Congratulations everyone!! Thanks again, Ali!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jennifer! Great post, and I enjoyed learning more about you. Lol, I was wondering about your blog title. :))

    Thank you so much for the blog award! I'm afraid I'll have to combine it in the award post I've been trying to write for a while now! Like over a month! Lately, it seems I have so much to blog about, that I can't seem to dedicate a week to just awards. I'm completely embarrassed to admit, I have, oh gosh, I think some 7 or 8 awards sitting there, waiting for me to pass on. Yikes! Today, I will sit down and attempt to come up with a creative way to lump them all into one post.

    Can you hear my *creative sprockets turnings*? Yes, they're squeaky, guess I'd better add some grease. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for reading my post! I bet a lot of people have been wondering about my title, lol.

      That's cool, trust me, I know how long it can take to respond to a blog award. I really enjoyed writing this one, but it took me three or four days to finish it. Can you believe that? :O It's a lot to do, lol.

      Yup, I can hear them turning. :) I need to add some grease to mine as well. :D

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!