Pages

May 31, 2012

Fun or None? Trilogy Thursday!



Day 5 of Fun or None hosted by Nikki @ Fiction Freak !

Participating bloggers:
Jessica @ Just a Booklover
Paulina @ Kissed/Bitten by books
Karis Jacobstein @ YA Litwit
Ria @ The Beaucoup Review
Dana @ DanaSquare

Trilogy Thursday ~ I pick three trilogies to rate and write about three things I love about each of them.

1. The Hunger Games trilogy

I can't help it--this was the first one I think of when I hear "trilogy." These books are well written, have strong, well developed characters, and just enough romance and heartache without going over the top. :)

2. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Dawn of the Dreadfuls, and Dreadfully Ever After

These three books were so kick ass! I love these "mash up" books, where the classics are given a dose of zombies, or sea monsters, or vampires, or werewolves. My favorite character was Elizabeth--she was fearless and killed zombies left and right like she was born just for that purpose! Best of all? They refer to zombies as "dreadfuls." How hilarious is that?? :)

3. The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Dead-Tossed Waves, and The Dark and Hollow Places

I must admit, I haven't read the third book, and I'm not even sure if there's only going to be three of these books. I loved the first two books, though, and am definitely going to read the third. They give a fresh perspective on the zombie/dystopian/apocalyptic genres, the plotting was well thought out, and the suspense was awesome. I had no idea what was going to happen next. I love that!! :)

What three trilogies would you choose and what do you love about them?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!